Friday, September 30, 2011

Thing #7 – Explore Flickr


I have mixed opinions about my Flickr experience.  I enjoyed touring the site and looking at the various galleries and available features. There are so many images, and so many possibilities for enhancing a lesson plan.  I didn’t realize how many historic photos are available through a photo site like Flickr, and I especially enjoyed looking through the Civil War photos of Matthew Brady, who left a history in photos.  There are also many photos of nature that would provide added dimension in a science class.  I have never used any other photo hosting service, but I can understand the popularity of a site that can catalog your photos and also share them if that’s your intention.  I do not really prefer to have a lot of photos out there in the public domain, although I have a couple on my Facebook page.  My photo is a picture of a flower that is blooming in my yard that was taken minutes ago and uploaded to my desktop – no sentimental attachment, just a nice picture of a flower and also an opportunity to try the upload feature on the blog.  Although I found Flickr user-friendly for the most part, I was unable to upload any of the photos from the site after numerous unsuccessful attempts – very frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment