Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Thing #2 – Create a Blog, Add a Post and an Avatar

Creating a blog and adding a post and avatar are not complicated procedures from the mechanical standpoint, but they are a little more labor-intensive for my brain cells.  Fear of unfamiliar technologies tends to cause me to have mental gridlock.  
Maybe I should name my blog “At a Snail’s Pace” for obvious reasons, but instead I choose the more appropriate: “Amy Monson: 23 Things,” in order to convey through a simple title, that my blog’s subject is about Amy Monson and 23 Things. For my purposes, simple is better because my main focus is on working with the 2.0 technologies and then sharing my impressions – which is why I am trying to save more original and interesting wording for the 24 blog posts. 
The overall blog set up and design went well, except for numerous trial and error attempts while installing my avatar and figuring out how to move it five inches across the screen to a new position—obviously a technical deficiency on my part.  My blog template is the green grass because I like the dandelion “blow things” that appear in the scene.  My sons (when they were little) always called them “blow things,” and that memory makes me smile every time I open up my blog. 
I think that my altar ego is sort of funny-looking with her “o”-shaped mouth and her frumpy dress. Yes, there is an uncanny likeness, and her facial expression is a “deer in the headlights” look, which is how I feel most days with my crazy school/work schedule.   I also dressed my avatar conservatively with my hair and eye color, and she is standing in front of a school blackboard, as I hope to be doing some day.   Her appearance reflects her reserved, introverted side, and her physical and personality similarities definitely make her a “Mini Me.”
Now that I have started posting, I am intrigued by this whole blogging thing and the individualism and self-expression that a blog affords. 

No comments:

Post a Comment