Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thing #19 - Beyond Facebook: Other Social Networks


I am a member of Facebook, Pinterest, and TeacherPop.  I am sure that I have probably signed up for some more social networks during the course of this class.  I am more active on Facebook than any of the other networks.  I think that Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with family that is in another state and also local friends.  We share pictures and exchange information, and it’s always entertaining to look at what funny observations my friends have made.  I looked through the networks that are mentioned in Thing #19, and I liked Good Reads.  I think that Good Reads would be a fabulous education site that students and teachers could use to find a good book fast for research or for pleasure.  I loved Crafter.org.   I could get lost on there for days!  I liked the contributions on TeacherPop, and I think that the little Frog song would be great in a kindergarten or first grade class.  For my purposes, I think that my five year-old grandson would enjoy it and could maybe gain some understanding of what adding and subtracting is about.   

No comments:

Post a Comment