Monday, December 5, 2011

Thing #17 - Tagging and Social Bookmarking with Delicious

I like easy things, and Delicious would definitely make my school life easier.  I can relate to having an overloaded “Favorites” folder, and this tool could streamline my research process and my “saved” files.  I like the Delicious concept much better than the sticky notes apps that bookmark favorite internet sites and information.  The way Delicious utilizes cross-referencing with the tagging feature makes perfect sense, and the social bookmarking component allows for group collaboration.  I think that both Delicious and wikis would be particularly helpful for group projects.  Also, from an educator standpoint, Delicious could be beneficial to teachers to compare notes and share lesson plans.  I liked Digg also, but it sort of reminded me of a Facebook with tagging added since you share with a community of members.  I liked the organization of the site with category headings that can point you to the most popular stories and videos.  I didn’t like StumbleUpon as well; but from an education standpoint, I can see how it could help a student or teacher locate information and relevant websites in a timely manner.  Of course, one other big bonus of all these sites is the storage component and being able to access bookmarked information from any computer.  Of the three, Delicious was my favorite (for the school possibilities), but Digg is a close second.

No comments:

Post a Comment